Lawrence County School System
Schools and Community: Working Together for Student Success
- Netsmartz from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is a terrific site filled with information for young children and for teens. On the educators page, download the NetSmartz Back-2-School kit including animated videos, lesson plans, and hands-on activities for Primary and Intermediate age children. This is an interactive site allowing children to learn as they have fun.
- commonsensemedia.org offers a non-sequential, easily integrated curriculum for grades K-8 for safely using computers. There are five units including: Safety, Advertising, Manners, Research, and Technology. The site offers lesson plans and activity sheets by grade levels..
- I-Safe offers a site designed for teens to learn about cyber safety.
- Stay Safe Online provides free and non-technical cyber security and safety resources to the public, so consumers, small businesses and educators have the know how to avoid cyber crime.
- Cyber Bullying Welcome to the Take a Stand. Lend a Hand. Stop Bullying Now! adult pages. As an adult, one of best ways you can help stop or prevent bullying is to be educated about, and sensitive to, the issue.
- K9 Web Protection is a free Internet filtering and control solution for the home. K9 puts YOU in control of the Internet so you can protect your kids.
The Technology Department strives daily to provide the best technology possible for our teachers and students to positively support daily instruction.
The Technology Department works to maintain local area and wide area networks by enhancing data wiring and networking equipment. Internet filtering software is used to protect students and staff from exposure to inappropriate material. Lawrence County Schools' "Acceptable Use Policy" is a document that outlines acceptable uses of the internet and technology equipment. Employees and students are expected to abide by the policies outlined in this document.
The integration of technology into the curriculum is a priority. The goal of the technology department is to ensure teachers have adequate, functioning technology in each classroom to assist them in providing a variety of tools to enhance their curricula goals and improve their personal productivity.